Terms and Conditions of Service
Please read these Agreements carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site and/or uploading or attempting to upload any Content (as defined in "Definitions"), you agree to become bound by the Agreements hereafter perpetually and indefinitely, regardless of whether you continue to remain a registered user or not, unless and until terminated, in whole or in part, by LuzFaltex on notice to you. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these TACOS are considered an offer by LuzFaltex, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old, or if younger than 13, with the appropriate permission and consents from your parent or legal guardian.
We may change these TACOS or make new TACOS at any time. Although we will attempt to notify you through reasonable means when the TACOS change, we are under no obligation to do so. The newest TACOS will always be available at https://www.FallOfTheCitadel.com/TACOS/. A history of all of the changes made to these TACOS will be available below.
DefinitionsThe term "Content" means and refers to any and all content, media, and materials you submit to the Website or Server, including, without limitation, still photographs, writings, spoken statements, music, audio, video, video recordings, audio-visual works and recordings, slides, portraits, animated and/or motion pictures, caricatures, likenesses, vocal or other sounds, sound recordings, voices, voice reproductions, computer graphics and visual effects, as well as any accompanying documentation, packaging or other materials, tangible or intangible, and to all derivative works, translations, adaptations or variations of same, regardless of tangible medium, broadcast medium, format or form, now known or hereinafter developed or discovered, and regardless of where produced, on location, in a studio, or elsewhere, in black-and-white or in color, alone or in conjunction with other work, characters, real or imaginary, in any part of the world.
Official Content will be posted by a member of LuzFaltex Staff and shall be limited to any Content posted in the "Server News and Information" board, replies to applications and support requests of any nature, the "Server Lore" board, the "Ministerium Vitae" board (excluding the Character Graveyard sub-board), and any other posts related to Lore or the operations of LuzFaltex. LuzFaltex shall endeavor to maintain the truthfulness, accuracy, and reliability of all Official Content, but Official Content will be provided "as-is" and without any warranty of any kind, expressed or implied.
The term "Lore" means and refers to any Content describing or aiding in the description of the world of Fall of the Citadel, including but not limited to Fauna, Flora, Timelines, Locations, Events, and Characters.
The term "Moderator" means and refers to any member of LuzFaltex staff of Appropriate Rank (Moderator, Lore Master, or Administrator), or an appointed agent thereof, who is responsible for enforcing these Agreements and monitoring roleplay.
Content might contain adult language, descriptions of graphic violence, implied sexual situations, and content inappropriate for minors. On occasion, content that violates these TACOS such as (but not limited to) sexually explicit descriptions and inflammatory comments or bullying behavior may also be found. LuzFaltex makes no guarantee that any Content is appropriate for any audience, and while we will do our best to enforce the rules and guidelines set out in these TACOS, it may take us a reasonable amount of time to identify and hide, delete, or disable access to Content that violates the TACOS. Content does not reflect the views of LuzFaltex, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content, nor does LuzFaltex endorse or support any opinions expressed in any Content. In no event shall LuzFaltex have or be construed to have any responsibility or liability for, or in connection with, any Content. See the User Content Standards section below for more information.
Disciplinary Action may refer to:
- restriction of access ("banishment," "banning," "ban") to the Server, Website, or both, either on a permanent or temporary basis.
- "Kicking" refers to the abortion of the active connection of the user to the Server without restricting access.
- "Muting" refers to the denial of a user's request to post comments on a temporary basis.
- Verbal (or text-based) warnings
The severity of Disciplinary Action shall be determined by the Moderator reviewing the case and shall be based on the severity of the action and previous infractions.
User Conduct Clause
- Discrimination, OOC racism, bullying, and harassment are strictly prohibited and may be met with Disciplinary Action.
- You agree not to use all-caps, except when appropriate (e.g. a title) and not to participate in "spam" activities. Spam may be reasonably defined as any posted content that contributes negatively towards the discussion, including but not limited to repetitive posting of the same content, linking to malicious sites, or posting comments that nag or belittle other members.
- Do not post using "LEET Speak," otherwise known as "1337 Speak," and refrain from using "text speak." "LEET Speak" is defined as a writing style which uses numerical characters in place of letters in order to obfuscate text. "Text speak" is using single letters to represent words, including but not limited to "U," "K," and "Y." Kicks, mutes, and bans will be used as seen fit by the Moderator.
- Discussion of other roleplay servers, including your own, is prohibited. This includes the server's name and connection info. You may, however, mention practices in an anonymized fashion (e.g. "This other server does this").
- Player-Vs-Player (PVP) combat is prohibited in Public Regions and Unowned Regions, and has been disabled. Certain Regions may allow RP Combat. Please see the Region Classification guide to see what is and is not allowed. "Public Region" is defined as land that is owned by the Server, not by any particular player. This should not be confused with an "Unowned Region," which refers to land that has no owner. "Region" is defined as an area of land on the Minecraft Server which is owned by a player, a group of players, or the Server. RP Combat is combat that takes place within text as opposed to the built-in PVP or PVE (Player vs Environment) mechanics of Minecraft.
- Keep builds appropriate for a Post-Apocalyptic Medieval Fantasy setting, meaning a modern-day apocalyptic setting where lifestyle has regressed to a medieval-like standard. When in doubt, all medieval-style builds are appropriate. Pixel art is prohibited and modern buildings are only allowed with the pre-approval of a Moderator. Advanced technology (including, without limitation, computers) may be allowed in some cases, such as when a piece of technology has been found. But, the crafting of advanced technology is prohibited except with Moderator approval. The aesthetic should be fitting, so structures made entirely of dirt or cobble are not allowed. No structure should be left floating, and any structures built to aid in construction (e.g. dirt or cobble towers) shall be removed after their use has expired.
- Griefing means the modification, construction, or destruction of any structures or landscape; the killing of pets or livestock; or the use of Minecraft mechanics (including placing water or lava) to destroy, build, or modify any structures or landscape; or kill pets or livestock; where permission by the Region owner has not been granted. Griefing is strictly prohibited and will result in Disciplinary Action.
- Theft is defined as removing items from containers without permission of the owner. Theft is strictly prohibited, except in the following cases:
- You are roleplaying a theft and you have the permission of the region owner AND the owner of the containers.
- You are the region owner and you are removing the containers and other possessions of a player that has become inactive. The period of time and conditions defining inactivity must be stated in a thread providing information about the town. This period of time shall not be shorter than 30 days.
- Use the appropriate channels for requesting help from staff. There is a support section of the forum available at https://www.luzfaltex.com/support. This section is for requesting help directly from staff, contacting the site administrator, or for other official inquiries. Questions and requests for support where other members may be able to assist may be posted in the Community Support child board. Posts in this board are public and may be seen and replied to by anyone. On the Server, requests for assistance may be placed in private messages to staff members, though the staff member may render assistance at their sole discretion. General questions may be asked in the Global OOC channel.
- Bug reporting, when security-related, should be reported as defined in the LuzFaltex Security Vulnerability Reporting Policy. Bugs that are not security sensitive may be reported through the support board or through the steps defined above. Please do not private message Moderators on the forum about bugs. If a bug is found on the server, you may message a Moderator for immediate assistance, though they may request you report the bug on the forums through the appropriate channels.
- The fly command is intended for building and reasonable climbing in RP. Flying across the land or sea as a means of travel is an abuse of the command. Punitive Action, including the removal of permission to use the fly command, may come as a result of abuse.
- Minecraft client modifications intended to give an unfair benefit to the player are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, fly mods, x-ray mods, and x-ray resource packs. For a list of recommended and approved client mods, see this thread: Approved and Recommended Client Mods.
- Recruiting for your clan, guild, village, town, city, or other organization shall be done through the appropriate channels. These channels include the in-character channels on the Server and the appropriate Forum. Advertising for your organization in the OOC channel on the Server is not allowed.
- Mob-grinders, Cobblestone Generators, and Automatic Farms are not allowed. This includes (but is not limited to) using a "window" to kill mobs, automatic farming systems which run without user input, wheat field flooding and crop collection via hoppers, automatic egg collecting, and automated drowning and item collection.
- To prevent lag, farms should not be overpopulated. Farms should allocate two blocks per small animal, and four for larger animals.
- Redstone contraptions should not be overly complicated or large to prevent lag.
- Creating or using alternate accounts to avoid a previous ban will result in banishment.
- After six months of inactivity, which means that a user has logged into neither the Website nor the Server in the last six months, the inactive account may be de-whitelisted at the sole discretion of LuzFaltex. If a user is active on the Website but not the Server or vice versa, the user does not qualify for inactivity. If you are de-whitelisted, you must reapply to join the Server. If you owned a region and become inactive, your region will be added to the Inactive Regions list and destroyed. There will be no guarantee of your possessions, in-game currency, or regions still being in place upon your return. Similarly, if you publicly declare that you are leaving the Server permanently, there is no guarantee for your possessions, as it becomes the region owner's property or property of the server.
- Players must not incite drama storms. If you are reporting a problem or player, you are to report it to staff with proof and you are not to make it public. Any Content intended to elicit negative behavior will be handled as a Moderator sees fit.
- During roleplay, players cannot insert invisible NPCs that benefit their character, such as guards, skill trainers, and other types that could give an unfair advantage. Atmospheric NPCs such as tavern keepers, shop attendants, and couriers delivering messages are permitted as long as they don't give a character a benefit or edge over another character. You are not allowed to play as or use an NPC to represent an absent player. For the avoidance of doubt, non-atmospheric NPCs including (but not limited to) guards and skill trainers must be represented by a single player per NPC. A single player may not represent more than one NPC at a time. If there is not a player present to represent the NPC, the NPC is not allowed in rp.
- Meta-gaming, which is defined as using information known to you but unknown to your character to change the character's actions or reactions to certain situations, or allowing your character to do such, will result in Disciplinary action. Alternate accounts cannot be used to benefit your other accounts and this can be meta-gaming in some cases.
- Power-gaming, which is defined as allowing your character to have an unfair (non-information related) advantage that is not already an ability of your character will also result in Disciplinary Action. For instance, if your character owns heavy armor and is attacking someone with lighter armor, moving without any encumbrance from the armor or denying the other character damage to yourself when they exploit a chink is prohibited.
- God-modding, which is similar to power-gaming, is more specific and covers the act of not observing your character's limitations. For example, running a marathon and not being tired because your character is "in great condition." As this is a sub-category of power-gaming, it will be treated as such.
- Inappropriate roleplay is not allowed and will result Disciplinary Action.
- Sexually-explicit roleplay is strictly prohibited, both on the Website and the Server. Implied sexual situations, hugging, and kissing will be allowed.
- Torture is also prohibited on both the Website and Server.
- Drug use, including tobacco, marijuana, herbal remedies, and medical drugs given, consumed, injected, or otherwise used in roleplay are allowed. Other drugs may be allowed in certain conditions. Any drugs used as anesthetics (to put characters to sleep or knock them out) or to kill may only be used with the explicit permission of the player owning the character to be given the drugs. Some cases may be considered power-gaming. Please consult a Moderator with any questions.
- Do not impersonate members of staff. Attempts to do so will result in Disciplinary Action. For a full list of staff, please see the Staff page available in the navigation bar.
- You agree that you will not share the login information to your minecraft account, forum account, staff email, and any other account to any LuzFaltex-owned product (herein "account"). You will be held accountable for any actions using your account, account name, or your likeness, regardless of who was using it and regardless of authorization. LuzFaltex recommends, but does not require, that you secure your workstation with a secure password to prevent unauthorized access.
- You agree that in the event of the loss of control of any account related to Fall of the Citadel or LuzFaltex, including and limited to your Minecraft account, forum account, staff email account, and any other account with access to any LuzFaltex-owned product that you inform members of staff immediately through the Support portal. In the event that the support portal is not available, you are to use any available means to inform staff of this breach, including but not limited to Skype, Discord, email, or any other available and known means of communication, provided that it is electronic and may be reasonably expected to be received in a timely manner.
User Content StandardsYou are solely responsible and liable for your communications and Content (and the consequences thereof) made under your name, user name, email address, password, and your registration and profile information, if any. Content does not reflect the views of LuzFaltex, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content, or endorse or support any opinions expressed in any Content. In no event shall LuzFaltex have or be construed to have any responsibility or liability for or in connection with any Content. If we determine, in our sole discretion, you or any Content you submit violates these TACOS, we reserve the right, at any time, without notice and without limiting any of the other rights we may have under these agreements, at law or in equity, to:
- refuse to allow you to submit further Content;
- remove and delete your Content;
- revoke your registration and right to use the Website and Server; and
- use any technological, legal, operational, or other means available to enforce the terms of these TACOS, including, without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or deactivating your registration, access using your e-mail address, your username, and password.
You agree you will not submit, or attempt to submit, and we have the right to reject, refuse to accept, remove, or otherwise handle as LuzFaltex deems appropriate, any "Unauthorized Content" which is defined as any Content that is or could be construed as violating any of these TACOS, including, without limitation:
- Infringing on a third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- causing harm, harassing anyone, or which may prevent, prohibit, inhibit, restrict, or otherwise impair others from using or enjoying the Website;
- unauthorized access to the Website or information of other users, except as defined in the LuzFaltex Vulnerability Reporting Policy the modification, impairment, disruption, alteration, or interference with the use, features, functions, operations, or maintenance of the Website or the Server; or
- any requirements, rules, terms or conditions that may be applicable to the Website LuzFaltex does not control any Content submitted, and reserves the right to review any submitted Content and to delete, remove, move, edit, or reject any Content that we deem, in our sole discretion, abusive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, in violation of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, to be in violation of these TACOS, or to be unacceptable to LuzFaltex, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever; provided, however, that LuzFaltex shall have no obligation or liability to you for failure to do so or for doing so in any particular manner. If LuzFaltex receives notice of any claim of infringement that satisfies specific legal requirements, such as notice and take-down requirements under U.S. Copyright law (see Copyright Infringement section below), we may remove Content associated with such claim. LuzFaltex reserves the right to provide information to law enforcement officials, government agencies, and pursuant to judicial or regulatory compulsion, to protect their respective interests, the Website, or to comply with legal, regulatory, audit, and compliance obligations.
OwnershipExcept for the licenses, authorizations, consents, and rights granted hereunder and described in these TACOS, as comprehensive and broad as they may seem or actually be, LuzFaltex acquires no title or ownership rights in or to any Content you submit and nothing in these TACOS conveys to us any ownership rights in your Content. LuzFaltex is acting only as a host, bulletin board, or conduit for submitted Content, with which all of the specific rights granted by you hereunder. Although by your submission of any Content you are requesting and directing us to take advantage of and exploit all of the rights and privileges granted hereunder (including, without limitation, the right to display and post the Content on the Website and Server), we have no obligation to do any of these things. You must own the rights to the Content you submit or the right to grant all of the authorizations, permissions, approvals, consents, rights, and licenses as described in these TACOS. If you do not exclusively own all of these rights, you must have the necessary authorizations, permissions, approvals, consents, rights, and licenses from the owner(s) to enter into these TACOS and perform and comply with all of its obligations.
Final ClauseYou represent, warrant, and covenant to LuzFaltex, and by using the Website and server and/or submitting Content, you reaffirm each such representation, warranty and covenant, that:
- You are not a minor and you have the legal right and capability to enter into these TACOS and perform and comply with all of its terms and conditions, or if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian has agreed to these TACOS on your behalf;
- All of the information provided by you associated with your Content is correct, complete, and current;
- Your submission of any Content does not violate these TACOS, any rights of any other party, any of your obligations, any law or regulations, or infringes upon or misappropriates any intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any party; and
- You hold and will continue to hold all of the ownership, license, proprietary and other rights necessary to enter into, authorize, grant rights, and perform your obligations under these TACOS as described.
Upon the request of LuzFaltex, you will furnish LuzFaltex any documentation, substantiation, and releases necessary and reasonably required to verify and substantiate your compliance with any or all of the TACOS, including, without limitation, the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants. You represent and warrant that the submission of your Content is not subject to or under the jurisdiction of any guild or union collective bargaining agreement, and you further acknowledge that LuzFaltex is not signatory to any such agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you also understand and agree that LuzFaltex shall not be obligated or responsible for providing any guild or residual payments in connection with the submission and exploitation of the Content. You acknowledge that other persons may have submitted Content to us, may have made public or developed, or may originate, submit, make public or develop, material similar or identical to all or a portion of your Content or concepts contained therein, and you understand and agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use or exploitation thereof and the submission of Content, or any posting or display thereof, is not any admission of novelty, priority, or originality. Even if you subsequently see or learn of a presentation, motion picture, still photograph, film, video, or any other content which appears to incorporate any idea or concept or include anything similar or identical to that contained in any Content you or anyone else submits, that is purely coincidental and unavoidable.
Whew! That was long! There are a few final things to wrap up though, and most of it doesn't apply to most people, but we'll provide it here anyways.
- If you are a copyright holder and believe your rights have been infringed, or you have received a notice of takedown from LuzFaltex, please read this thread: Copyright Notice
- If you wish to know what we can do with your Content, here's a list:
- In connection with all Content you submit on the Website and Server, you grant LuzFaltex the unqualified, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty free right, license, authorization, and permission, in any form or format, on or through any media or medium, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered, in whole or part, to host, cache, store, maintain, use, reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, perform, publish, broadcast, transmit, modify, prepare derivative works of, adapt, reformat, translate, and otherwise exploit all or any portion of your Content on the Website or Server (regardless of the Device through which the Website or Server may be accessed) and any other channels, services, or other distribution platforms, whether currently existing or developed in the future, of LuzFaltex, for any purpose whatsoever (including, without limitation, for any promotional purposes) without accounting, informing, credit or other obligation to you, and the right to license, sublicense, and authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted hereunder to LuzFaltex, in our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, without limiting the generality of the rights granted to LuzFaltex, these rights include, without limitation, the right to distribute and synchronize all or any portion of your Content in timed relation to any other visual elements; to web cast, pod cast, re-publish, re-broadcast, re-platform, port, syndicate, route, and link to and from all or any portion of your Content; to encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of your Content; to edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of your Content; to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures and/or voice reproductions from all or a portion of your Content; and to excerpt and/or extract portions of your Content in order to host, store, index, categorize and display your Content on or through the Platforms.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing TACOS, you acknowledge and agree that LuzFaltex shall not be required or have any obligation to host, index, display, accept, or use any submitted Content (or take advantage of any or all of the particular rights and authorities granted or otherwise available) and LuzFaltex may, in its sole discretion, remove or refused to host, index, display, accept, use, or do anything at all with respect to any Content. Once you submit or attempt to submit Content, or access the Website or Server, you have no right to prohibit, restrict, revoke, or terminate any of the rights granted to LuzFaltex. You are not entitled to and you will not receive any compensation for your submission.
- You hereby release LuzFaltex of any and all claims of any rights, encumbrances, liens, claims, demands, actions, or suits which you may or can have in connection with your Content, including, without limitation, any and all liability for any use or non-use of your Content, claims for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, emotional distress, or economic loss.
- And all that's left is the warranty disclaimer that nobody reads anyways...
Disclaimer and Limitation of LiabilityTHE WEBSITE AND SERVER ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVER IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CONTENT, THE REPRESENTATIONS AND OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TACOS, AND FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR LORE SUBMISSION FEATURES. LUZFALTEX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES CONCERNING ACCESS TO AND/OR THE AVAILABLITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, AND/OR SECURITY OF THE SITE, SERVER, OR LORE SUBMISSION FEATURES, ANY CONTENT, MATERIAL, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, CAPABILITIES MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU, RESOURCES, FACILITIES, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES, AND WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVER WILL FUNCTION OR PERFORM IN ANY PARTICULAR MANNER.THE WEBSITE AND SERVER ARE MAINTAINED ON SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES INTENDED FOR USERS AND USE THAT IS NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. LUZFALTEX DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY USE NOT SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED OR THAT IS IN VIOLATION OF THESE TACOS OR THE LAWS OR REGULATIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU IN ANY JURISDICTION OUR COUNTRY. LUZFALTEX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER ARISING OR CAUSED, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OF THE BASIS OR CHARACTERIZATION OF THE CLAIM AND EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
These TACOS are effective immediately and are very tastyChange Log
- October 24, 2016
- Initial Post
- November 6, 2016
- Migrated to https://www.FallOfTheCitadel.com/tacos/
- February 10, 2017
- Added sections 25 and 26 to the User Conduct Clause. Modified term 9 of the User Conduct Clause to match updated reporting standards.
- February 20, 2017
- Modified the definition of "Official Content." Added a definition for the term "Lore." Changed links from
(Last update: Feb 20th 2017, 11:59am)